Thursday, April 14, 2011

A rock and roll adventure


One of my best crazy adventures so far.

APR 10, 2011

We found this out when we went to Mampurok river supposedly to bathe however it was crowded at that time we went so my friend Iloy asked around if there was a falls nearby. A local native told us to follow the river and we'll eventually find the falls that we're looking for and would assist us for 500 Bucks. At first, we hesitated but in the end all we ever thought was... "rock and roll" so we trekked this long arduous river without the guide because he was too expensive.


With my game face on :)








At first, the river was easy for me to cross however at the later parts in the journey, the strong currents passing through my legs was as if sweeping me away and I had to ask for a little assistance from my friends. It was really exhausting, I was even about 5 minutes behind them because of the strong rapids. There was a point were I was able to finally able to rest for abit and then we continued.

 There was a point in the river where we met an old geezer who was sitting in his kubo who told us that it was futile to even continue. It would take us atleast 5 more hours or so to reach the falls that we were looking for and we really needed a guide because there might be NPA or Military personnel roaming the forest. We decided to stop and rest and take a bath in the nearby shallow waters. It was also then that I realized that I forgot to put my wallet in my bag geeze :(



And then the trekk back home


After this tiring escapade, I treated them in the evening to some fine cuisine at a local restaurant K Sarap, I forgot to bring my camera and had no pics at the resto.

APRIL 11, 2011

It wasn't until early in the next morning that we decided that our trail shouldn't end there so using our gathered information from the geezer, we took another ride back there this time to the nearest baranggay that will allow us to trekk the falls. I forgot the name of the Purok that we stopped but we got a guide and took us about one or two hours to reach the falls and another to get back. We crossed the hanging bridge, rocky pathways, treacherous ravines before we reached our goal, our final destination - Nacale Falls

Nacale falls is certainly one beautiful sight and hidden from plain sight - certainly a virgin falls - the walk was long and grueling but upon reaching it we realized how worth it was just to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment